The Official Ray Price Fan Club
Welcome! NO NEED TO LOG IN - JUST ENJOY

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Remembering Cherokee Cowboy Scott Crossman

The Official Ray Price Fan Club Forum Index -> Memories of Ray and The Cherokee Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rose22

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Remembering Cherokee Cowboy Scott Crossman

Remembering Cherokee Cowboy Scott Crossman today (December 14, 2004) on what would have been his 37th birthday. Scott was Ray's drummer until some time in 2001 and was always so very proud and happy to be associated with Ray. Sadly, Scott died suddenly just two years ago in Houston, Texas, and it's still hard to believe he's gone. He was always so full of life and enthusiasm, always looking forward to the next adventure in his young life.

What I remember most about Scott was his great wit, intelligence, and friendly thoughtfulness of others. A strange thing happened shortly after his death. I had just returned home after going out to buy a sympathy card to send to his parents when I accidently came across a thank-you card from Scott that he must have sent me some time before. It was lying on the top of a pile of papers. I didn't recall what I had done to merit it or what it was doing there, but it said "You are always so thoughtful in everything you do."

It seemed almost like a message from Scott to let us know that life goes on. If it was, how characteristic of Scott, who always communicated so well and so thoughtfully. So, here's my message for him: "Happy birthday, Scott, wherever you are adventuring to now. You are certainly missed."

When I was writing for this website a few years back, I interviewed Scott for the new Cherokee Cowboy section, and I see the interview is still there. If you haven't read it, do so. You can access it from the Table of Contents or the link on the front page.
       The Official Ray Price Fan Club Forum Index -> Memories of Ray and The Cherokee Cowboys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum