Welcome! NO NEED TO LOG IN - JUST ENJOY

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ray Price biographies

The Official Ray Price Fan Club Forum Index -> Our Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPD

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Ray Price biographies

Anyone know if there's a Ray Price biography in print or any older biographies still available?
Rose Murray

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Answering your question re Ray biogs

That's a very good question. It first occurred to me in 1981, and since writing and research are what I do for a living, I did a search and found very little in print, certainly not the book-length autobiography or biography one would expect to see about an artist of Ray Price's magnitude.

Then, again in the 90's, I searched for anything that had been written up to that time but found no biography. Around 1999 when I was writing the article "Hank N Ray" (that can be seen on this website), I did much research and interviewed Ray briefly. In libraries, I found many magazine articles from over the years, especially in Country Music magazine. I also found mention of him and anecdotes in some books, epscially in those about Hank Williams and Willie Nelson, who were both very close to him.

A few years ago, I wrote a short biography for this site which you can find in the Table of Contents. You can find a link to that under the photo of Ray on the front page of the site you are on right now--www.raypricefanclub.com. You might also put Ray's name into a good search engine such as Google to find recent newspaper interviews or stories.

There was a good video biography of Ray's life a few years back on TNN. This was the most complete biography I have seen to date and well worth tryiing to find if you can. It is too bad that nothing more complete has been done, since I am sure Ray would have much to say about the country music business, his own career, and what he has learned during his long career that might be of great value to both professionals and the general public. I believe there were several times when Ray began a book, but don't know what happened after that.

Good luck.
       The Official Ray Price Fan Club Forum Index -> Our Guestbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum